Lot 505 (Antique and Interiors Sale 14th February 2018)
A William IV rosewood centre table by Thomas and George Seddon, with block ends and turned uniting stretcher. Bears label to underside 'Manufacturers to her Majesty, T. and G. Seddon, numbered 2631, Grays Inn Road London', signed in pen J.Ferry and stamped J.Ferry, 106cm length, 60cm deep, 75cm height
Thomas and George Seddon were English Cabinet Makers, established in the 1750's in London, at one time employing over four hundred craftsmen, their contemporaries included Chippendale, Sheraton and Hepplewhite during the heyday of English craftsmanship. George Seddon (1727-1801) was an English cabinetmaker who's two sons George and Thomas also worked in the business. Given the Royal Warrant in 1832, Seddon's was synonymous with quality and style.